Last week I was given an Honest Scrap award by Alison. Alison shares my last name as well, and she writes a pretty cool green living blog, so go check it out.
It was a nice surprise, because I haven't been tagged for a meme in ages. Alison was kind enough to mention me and my blog in her post, so I will create my own list of ten things you might not know about me. Although, I have to say, it's going to be a little difficult to come up with ten honest things I haven't already said here.
- Sometimes I have to make a mistake more than once in order to learn from it.
- I'll be 40 this year. I'm mostly okay with it.
- For too long I've let what other people think guide my actions and choices. Well, some of them.
- I feel like I'm on the verge of something, but I don't know what it is.
- I don't know why people say my daughter looks just like me; I can't see it.
- Living with three indoor-only cats is, um, interesting.
- I read a lot more books when I didn't have the Internet.
- Right now I am really missing hearing French. Which I can do, via said Internet.
- Celle-ci, j'écris en français. Parce que je peux. On n'efface pas treize ans dans un autre pays, une autre culture.
- I'm grateful for my online friendships. My offline ones too, of course, but getting to know someone via their writing is pretty special.